Wednesday 11 February 2009

My True Name

She Who Seeks
Is my name
Born under the sign of the Maiden
Bearing an ancient name honouring the Goddess
Whole unto myself
Living the Maiden archetype
Constellated and dominant

Daughter of the wounded Spear Maiden
Carrier of pain and anger
Hers and mine
Single-minded drive to escape and rescue
Organizer, doer, she who achieves
Charioteer's sheer force of will
Propels the chariot
Roughshod I ride

Initiate of Inanna
Descender into the abyss
Past the seven gates of the underworld
Humbled and brought low
Into the dark realm of Ereshkigal
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Survivor of the Dark Goddess
Death, rebirth and ascent
Returning from the perilous journey
Through the land of freezing ice
Home again to myself
Twice born and changed

Listener
Ponderer
Labyrinth walker
Wayfarer on the spiritual path
Singer
Drummer
Friend of cats
Lover of women
I tend the flame of the Goddess


(c) 2002 Debra She Who Seeks

4 comments:

me said...

What another wonderful work. I really enjoy coming here and reading your blog.

Hope you're having a good week! :)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thanks, Paris! Glad you stopped by!

Anonymous said...

Bella! Bravo! Beautiful!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, you make me blush! Thank you!