Friday 15 May 2009

My Tarot Journey, Part 4


After using the round Motherpeace deck for a few years, I wanted to use a rectangular deck so that the positions of Upright and Reversed would be unequivocal. That's the problem with a round deck -- the lack of clarity about reversals can make reading more difficult. The Rider-Waite-Smith deck still didn't do anything for me, but I found a RWS clone that I really liked -- the Morgan-Greer deck. It has bright colours, no borders and nice artwork (although some find it a bit cartoonish). I've been using Morgan-Greer for the past decade or so.

My private tarot studies continued, albeit rather sporadically. However, I was not doing a lot of reading for other people. But over the past year, I've been making a real effort to do more readings in order to keep up my skills. Part of the strategy for improving my reading ability was to attend the Readers Studio 09. Although I do not have any ambition to be a professional tarot reader, I want to have the same skills as one!

No comments: