Thursday 16 July 2009

Moby-Dick Update # 1

I can well imagine that everyone is all agog to know how goes my reading of Moby-Dick. Be advised that I am now up to Chapter 36 -- woo hoo! Only 100 chapters more to go!

Ishmael, Queequeg and the other star-crossed men of the Pequod have now set sail for southern waters to hunt for whales. Moody Captain Ahab has finally emerged from his cabin and stumps around the deck with his ivory peg leg.

Not a lot of action so far, but there is much foreshadowing and many doom-laden omens. And one exceedingly long chapter about all the different types of whales in the world.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

I used to have a moby dick..but i lost it in the divorce.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh you're so bad, Yellowdog Granny! Hee hee!